Who's do'n work?

JWDII

Re: Who's do'n work?

Postby JWDII » Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:47 am

John, I have been working. Just haven't took the time to post here. Figured it would be of no interest. I began working on my 48 and then the struts puked on my daily mk3. #-o #-o So I have been working on it.

New BFI control arms with r32 bushings and new ball joints.

Raceland ultimo coilovers waiting to go in.

The old strut nuts were froze so I had to break out the air chisel and that damaged my upper strut caps. Image

So I ordered new thin nuts since they were froze too and new caps from ECS. While waiting on the to arrive. I bent my from bumper brackets back in shape and replaced the front bumper cover.
Image Wink
"Start by doing what's necessary; then do what's possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible."
-- St. Francis Of Assisi.

PeteSC

Postby PeteSC » Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:29 pm

^Nice job cleaning up that suspension.

Choke housing got kinked while putting the Ghia motor back in last weekend, and despite our best efforts to straighten it out it was still binding badly. So I just installed one of those spendy lowlight choke cables made by TheGhiaGirl off of TS. It slides like butter now. \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ No photos 'cause it was a pain in the ass. Smile
Meh.

john jones

Postby john jones » Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:50 am

bummer pete.. shit happens.. sometimes the simpliest of task can be a bitch!
:-" :-" :-" :-" :-" :-"

Franz

Postby Franz » Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:12 am

I'm working on my house this weekend. Moving dirt, changing/adding to th pump track, Installing a new fence, and planting trees. It's going to be awesome. Working in the sun/heat is hard.

paul sexton

Postby paul sexton » Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:36 am

Franz wrote:I'm working on my house this weekend. Moving dirt, changing/adding to th pump track, Installing a new fence, and planting trees. It's going to be awesome. Working in the sun/heat is hard.

Building a four stall kayak rack. Asian themed. Got my sombrero on, it's fucking hot down here.

john jones

Postby john jones » Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:01 am

Franz wrote:I'm working on my house this weekend. Moving dirt, changing/adding to th pump track, Installing a new fence, and planting trees. It's going to be awesome. Working in the sun/heat is hard.

I dunno if you will see this before you leave the house.... but if you need more time.. go for it.. Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink

C.Hamburg
purple drank

Postby C.Hamburg » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:18 am

[quote="j

This was a hoping thread a while back... but we stopped doin work eh? Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink[/quote]

Still working. raising kids. or doing uninteresting stuff like timing belts and water pumps or yard work.

Lacking motivation, my back is killing me. every time I go to do something like I used to, I pay for it later. Doc says I should look into an inversion table, since they seem to have to pull me twice a week.

Thinking back, I have done some metal work to the Bus.
-Corey

john jones

Postby john jones » Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:42 am

yeah.. life has it's own set of responsibilities.... and it seems to trump "guy" stuff.... if ya know what I mean.....
no trump pun intended or assumed.. Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink

Glad my raising kids days is BEHIND me... =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> Life has gotten much mo simple these days.. with time to waste.. :-$ :-$ :-$ :-$ :-$ :-$ :-$ :-$ :-$

JWDII

Postby JWDII » Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:24 pm

I finally set it on the ground last night a 1:30 am. #-o

First drive to work today. Let the coils settle a few days and check strut nuts for tightness and adjust ride height to level. Then go have the new tie rods installed and four wheel alignment. Then get my new tires swapped over to the stock alloys.

I think it looks better. Smile
"Start by doing what's necessary; then do what's possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible."

cookiemonster131

Postby cookiemonster131 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:46 pm

looks great
"With all of those VW's in the parking lot i thought it was a Unitarian Church" Hank Hill

JWDII

Postby JWDII » Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:57 pm

cookiemonster131 wrote:looks great

Thanks!

Franz

Postby Franz » Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:30 pm

You have a 48 beetle and you're messing around with a busted-ass jetta?? [-(

Looks good though. I had a slammed mkIII jetta for a minute one time.

tlambert

Postby tlambert » Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:35 pm

Franz wrote:You have a 48 beetle and you're messing around with a busted-ass jetta?? [-(

Looks good though. I had a slammed mkIII jetta for a minute one time.

Uh yup. ](*,) \:D/
Tim

john jones wrote:Sanding sucks balls, My balls have been about sucked off..:-#

S-10 BB Swap
http://www.s10forum.com/forum/f10/1st-gen-bigblock-installation-223375/

JWDII

Postby JWDII » Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:03 am

Yep, I had to replace the worn supension to make it safe for my 5 yr old son . I have to pick home up from school sometime. I couldn't go stock :-& , what's the fun in that? My daily needed work but now I will be back to my split. It is still sitting on stands with my stool behind it where I stopped the oil change to order sump cover with plug and gaskets. ](*,) parts are here so now it will be a matter of time between honey do's. :-"

alykat

Postby alykat » Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:28 pm

So, I spent Sunday going to the front range to pick up a project that I had made a deal on years ago. It started as a father/ daughter project that stalled when Charles got sick. I agreed to buy it, but then Charles couldn't bring himself to let it go. A couple of years ago they all moved to the front range, and sadly Charles got worse. A couple of months ago Brandy contacted me to let me know that Charles had passed away a while back. She and her mom had been talking about the bug and wanted to know if I was still interested. Of course I was, so off I went to retreive it. Still sort of rough and needs lots of work, but has a ton of good bits with it. I had expected the 57 Oval to be my only keep it forever bug, but now it looks like I'll have another.
Attachments
flemkt 010.jpg
flemkt 010.jpg (80.55 KiB) Viewed 171 times
flemkt 011.jpg
flemkt 011.jpg (88.53 KiB) Viewed 171 times
flemkt 014.jpg
flemkt 014.jpg (83.75 KiB) Viewed 171 times
911 operator: What is your emergency ? Me: Some asshole just pulled out in front of me & totaled my car! 911: Are you injured? Me: No. 911: Is the other driver injured ? Me: Not yet....but you should probably send an ambulance.

Return to “Bullshit”