Bankshot

rustabus
Livin' the retired life

Re: Bankshot

Postby rustabus » Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:27 am

Is the Zwit in Colorado???? Do you think they will run the numbers everywhere or just Statewide??? :-k :-k :-k

john jones

Postby john jones » Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:21 am

you really don't know where that twit is???? You looked at it in person a few weekends ago... :-k :-k :-k :-k :-k :-k :-k :-k :-k :-k :-k
:-" :-" :-" :-" :-" :-"

volksaddict

Postby volksaddict » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:20 am

They will run the national check and make you send in a request for title search to any state they think applies. If you give them any reason to think it might be from another state they will have you run that state. But goddam, you can't title it if someone else is using that vin [-X [-( =;

vwfool

Postby vwfool » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:26 am

Does the body have the Vin tag on it? If so weld over the existing numbers, or cut them out and sell them to the guy who now has that car. Buy some of the appropriate size number punches and stamp the pan yourself. 8-[

It's shady to do and probably illegal as all get out but American car guys have been restamped engine blocks for years to sell a car as numbers matching.

Just a thought

curbo

Postby curbo » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:29 am

Such a cool car

rustabus
Livin' the retired life

Postby rustabus » Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:23 pm

Just talk to Jeff, I think it'll be fine!!! He has a matching body and pan for his Zwit, he's going to send me over the numbers just to make sure we don't have a bumble fuck situation but I think we're good!! =D> =D> I'm gonna run an in County sale so they don't check other states and I think the original VIN will work!! [-o< [-o< [-o< Unless the car was reported stolen it shouldn't be in any national registry so I think if I just run a regular Colorado search I'll be good!!!! [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o<

Let's get this Bitch outta KCW and on the Road!!!!!!!! \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

Franz

Postby Franz » Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:31 am

Not Jeff. Some guy Bam in Oklahoma bought dopebeatderrick's zwitter which is what that pan originally was under.

Bam sold the car. I don't know where its at now. The numbers on that car's vin tag match your pan.

I'm sure there is some national database that you could search to see if the numbers come up.

Why don't you just buy a random oval window parts car vin tag off samba? Title those numbers....not the pan numbers you have.

JWDII

Postby JWDII » Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:02 am

There is a national database. https://www.vehiclehistory.gov/ I report all vehicles as do all salvage yards in SC. We use https://add123.com/ for our reporting. All vehicles vins are also ran through the SCDMV that is linked to national database to check if its reported stolen before we can purchase. That is state law. The system only recognizes 17 digit vins, the older cars like ours will not show up if we search but they are saved and can be verified if needed. I don't know how many of the old vins have been entered in the database and I can run a search but nothing will come up unless it is 17 digits. It is like me trying to get the title for my 56 I have searched and been to the dmv who just give me the run around. I have the last owners name who died and it was inspected and on the road in 1987 but they cant find it. It's a sketchy situation you in Rusty, it seems that most of the time the DMV can only find a vin when THEY need too. There is a record of it somewhere. Good luck.
"Start by doing what's necessary; then do what's possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible."
-- St. Francis Of Assisi.

volksaddict

Postby volksaddict » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:13 am

Why don't you just buy a random oval window parts car vin tag off samba? Title those numbers....not the pan numbers you have.

That won't work, Colorado recognizes the pan stamp and only looks at the body tag to see if they match. if they don't it's noted but the pan # holds.

JWDII

Postby JWDII » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:33 am

volksaddict wrote:

That won't work, Colorado recognizes the pan stamp and only looks at the body tag to see if they match. if they don't it's noted but the pan # holds.

This is how they did my 48 in SC . It is missing the vin plate on the body so it is titled as a 48 but under the 50 pan stamp.
"Start by doing what's necessary; then do what's possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible."
-- St. Francis Of Assisi.

rustabus
Livin' the retired life

Postby rustabus » Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:45 pm

Pulled this outta my parts stash, December 53 VIN tag! \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ Fairly certain I pulled this off of an Oval that was in a junkyard in Norwood CO like 15 years ago!! Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile

russ scott

Postby russ scott » Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:50 pm

Pretty sure I have a tag off a 54 somewhere as well if you need it but no pan numbers to go with it, but it is for sure a car that was cut up and won't be titled anywhere

john jones

Postby john jones » Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:35 am

hey rusty... You still alive?? Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink whats happening down there in D town? :-k :-k :-k :-k
:-" :-" :-" :-" :-" :-"

rustabus
Livin' the retired life

Postby rustabus » Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:56 am

Just hiding at RCW!!!! Smile Smile Smile Got a hair up my ass for a kayak and drove over to Farmington yesterday to pick up a package deal I found on Craigslist!!! Smile Smile Smile

Return to “Bullshit”