New project in the werks for Big Ben

BBWB

Re: New project in the werks for Big Ben

Postby BBWB » Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:29 am

Thanks Franz. I paid a guy that makes a materials kit $2950.00 plus shipping. Haven't got the call for shipping yet as he is still putting together the last bits of wood. His name is John Bolding. His number is listed on the Legal Eagle site as a materials provider.

Let me add that this is not a total cost. Just the materials for an airframe. Engine, wheels/brakes, and covering process will add some. You could build and engine pretty cheap with all the access to VW parts there. Even do all the TIG welding to modify the heads. I have engine plans. Three different sets, if your interested.
Let me draw you a fucking picture!

cookiemonster131

Postby cookiemonster131 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:50 am

i looked at that sight and it is cool. What is the rpm your engine runs at constantly while cruising?
"With all of those VW's in the parking lot i thought it was a Unitarian Church" Hank Hill

mykl

Postby mykl » Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:06 am

Looking great Ben! =D>

How many hours are you in to this so far, or are you like me, unless I'm paying for it I don't keep track?

I'm close enough I'll be able to see it fly - that is going to be awesome! \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/
Make it a great day! Mykl - DHP and AC3

BBWB

Postby BBWB » Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:23 pm

cookie wrote:
i looked at that sight and it is cool. What is the rpm your engine runs at constantly while cruising?

I think 3200rpm is the best. I've heard as high as 3400rpm. It really depends on propeller size.

mykl wrote:
How many hours are you in to this so far, or are you like me, unless I'm paying for it I don't keep track?

Don't keep track. I should, it's standard practice for homebuilders. If I had to wager a guess, I'd say 40hrs to this point. I'm counting the building of the rib jig and other prep as well in this time.
Let me draw you a fucking picture!

Return to “Bullshit”